Apple has released Aperture 3.1, a new version of its professional photo management and editing software. The new release improves compatibility with iLife ’11, and offers enhancements in the following areas (among others):
- Performance when opening large libraries
- Performance when exporting heavily-adjusted images
- Importing iPhoto Libraries
- Relinking to referenced images after importing an iPhoto Library
- Importing photos and videos from iPhone or iPad
- Upgrading libraries with images containing Spot & Patch adjustments
The new release is available via Software Update or this download link.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.