Apple has posted a series of articles regarding iPad troubleshooting. Among them:
- iPad: Unable to update or restore “You may encounter the following symptoms while updating or restoring your iPad: iPad continually restarts but never displays the Home screen. An update or restore did not complete and the iPad is no longer recognized in iTunes. iPad stops responding, showing the Apple logo with no progress bar or a stopped progress bar, for over ten minutes. If this occurs, you can place iPad into recovery mode and attempt to restore again. If iTunes displayed an alert with an error code, see this article before attempting the steps outlined here. Note: In certain situations, an iPad will automatically go into recovery mode after an update or restore issue. If your device is already in recovery mode, you can attempt to restore using iTunes.”
- iPad: Frozen and unresponsive “iPad may occasionally stop responding to buttons, switches, or touchscreen input. Symptoms may include: Does not return to the Home screen after pressing the Home button. Does not wake from sleep after pressing the Sleep/Wake button. Unable to ‘Slide to Unlock’ or ‘Slide to Power Off.’ If this occurs, refer to the troubleshooting suggestions below.”
- iPad: Troubleshooting touchscreen response “Your iPad may experience one of the following symptoms: Multi-Touch display (or touchscreen) does not respond Portions of the Multi-Touch display do not respond Multi-Touch display is very slow to respond”
- iPad: Troubleshooting stereo Bluetooth features: “When using a stereo Bluetooth headset or other stereo Bluetooth device with an iPad, certain features may not work as expected. Examples include: Pressing previous and next controls has no effect. Pressing play/pause control only pauses or starts playback. Pressing volume up and down controls has no effect. Pressing other headset controls has no effect.”
- iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPad: Keeping device within acceptable operating temperatures “Learn about the operating temperatures and temperature management of iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPad.”
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.