Apple has a version of the Mac OS X 10.6.4 update specifically for the MacPro (Mid 2010). The company says the update is recommended “for all servers currently running Snow Leopard Server version 10.6.3. It includes Wiki Server Update 1.0, Safari 5 and general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your server […]”
Among the specific areas of enhancement:
- CalDAV querying of email addresses with Active Directory and Open Directory servers
- stability and reliability accessing Wiki Server pages
- view movies on Wiki Server with Safari on iPad
- accessing publicly accessible Wikis when logged in to the Wiki Server
- listing blogs on Wiki Server
- • vacation mail notices that span across multiple days
- • updates from Software Update Server viewable by clients
- stability and reliability to Software Update Server synchronization
- downloading of software updates by Software Update Server
- creating NetInstall images which include iLife updater packages
- address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
- improve reliability of VPN connections
The new release is available through Software Update or this download page.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.