Q: My apps on iPhone won’t open. Device works fine. What can I do?
A: For various reasons, you may have trouble with your Apps. If you are unable to run or open an app, please try the following suggestions until you fix your issue:
- Shut down the app you are having problem with completely. If you used this app previously, it may be running in the background. Close your app completely and restart. To do that, simply press your home button twice. A task bar will appear at the bottom: to close the app, hold finger against it and tap the minus sign.
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button.
- Delete the app that will not open. Then re-download and install via the App Store.
- Purchased iOS Apps not appearing on App Store “Purchased” Tab: iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- App not downloading / installing stuck on “Waiting…” or “Loading…”
- How to report a problem for an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App
- App not working: How to troubleshoot your App purchased from the App Store
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.