Several users have reported battery drain problems after they have updated to iOS 6, meaning that their device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod) depletes its battery more quickly than it should according to Apple’s specifications.
Note that we receive reports of numerous battery problems after virtually every iOS update. If you are having this issue, please try the following solutions:
- Let your battery drain completely (your device will shut off) and then fully charge it.
- Restart your device.
- Adjust your devices settings (see this article and this).
- Reset your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
- Try disabling Siri if you have it.
- The New iPad battery drain: iPad 3’s short battery life
- Battery Drain with iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch After iOS 5.0.1 Update
- Battery life issue after iOS 5 update
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.