Apple’s latest iOS9.2 is a step in the right direction to fix some of the following issues that were experienced in the past upgrades.
- Improved stability of Safari
- Improved stability of Podcasts
- Resolving an issue for some users that caused attachments to overlap text in mail
- Fixing an issue where Live Photos could have turned off after restoring from a previous iCloud backup
- Fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video
- Addressing an issue that could cause instability in the Activity app when viewing the day of Daylight Savings Time transition
- Fixing an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and Lock screen alerts from displaying
- Fixing an issue where some users were unable to login to Find my iPhone
- Addressing an issue where using the iPad keyboard could unintentionally trigger text selection mode
- Fixing an issue on Cyrillic keyboards where caps lock would be enabled when typing in URL or email fields
- Fixing issues with VoiceOver when using Camera face detection
- Fixing an issue with speech rate of Speak Screen
- Fixing an issue with Guided Access when trying to end phone calls
- The upgrade is also expected to fix the issue of blackouts in Ipad Pros.
With every software upgrade, there is bound to be hiccups and problems. As of this writing, here are some of the most common reported issues with the iOS 9.2 upgrade.
- Users have reported an issue where updating iOS could prevent the device’s alarm from going off.
- There were also reports around failures with iCloud in that it prevented some manual icloud backups from completing
- There are also some issues surrounding email attachments causing mail attachments to be inaccessible for some users who have POP email accounts
Some users have also reported issues related to wi-fi problems after the upgrade. We have explored the issue and created a basic How-to for the wi-fi related problems.
Before you make the switch to the iOS 9.2, please take time to review the above. There are also reports of a 9.2 update already in works to fix some of the issues and bugs related to this upgrade. Over the next few weeks we will be looking closely into some of these issues associated with the iOS 9.2 upgrade.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.