Podcasts are considered by many to be the “new radio”, as you get to pick and choose what shows you listen to, when you want to. There are a slew of great podcast apps on the App Store already, but Apple’s own Podcasts app has been getting a bit of a facelift in recent years. This trend continues with iOS 15.4, as the Apple Podcasts app is gaining a few new and useful features.
- How to Sign Up and Manage Apple Podcasts Subscriptions
- What To Expect From AirPods Pro 2
- How to Rate Podcasts on Spotify
- How To Leave a Review in Apple Podcasts on iPhone
- Apple Watch Music or Podcasts Not Working, How-to Fix
Apple Podcasts in iOS 15.4
It’s one thing to be able to listen to your different podcast subscriptions in a specific order. But what about if you are trying to narrow things down a bit more? And what if one of the podcast shows you listen to actually has “seasons” just like your favorite TV show?
With iOS 15.4, Apple is now making it possible to filter episodes with the following options:
If you’re running iOS 15.4 and want to narrow down your podcast options, here is how you can do so:
- Open the Podcasts app on your iPhone.
- Tap Library in the bottom toolbar.
- Select the name of the podcast you are trying to filter.
- Tap Episodes below the album artwork and description.
- Select the filter that you want to use.
You can also filter things by looking at the entire library of the podcast. Just tap the See All button next to Episodes, and then select one of the filters at the top of the page.
How To Install iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4
Currently, iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 are only available for developers, and because of this, you must be a developer if you want to get your hands on this update. However, those who are enrolled in Apple’s Public Beta Program can expect to see the update arrive in another day or two. If you happen to be a developer, here’s how you can download and install iOS 15.4:
- Navigate to developer.apple.com/download/ from your iPhone.
- Log into your Developer Account.
- Select the iOS 15.4 Beta Profile.
- Once the profile is finished downloading, open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Select VPN & Device Management.
- Tap the beta profile that you just downloaded.
- Enable the profile.
- Restart your iPhone.
- After your iPhone has finished restarting, you can update to iOS 15.4.
As we always recommend, if you aren’t a developer, it’s probably best to stay away from the first beta release of iOS 15.4. Although there are some neat and useful features baked in, it’s also the first release of the beta software before it arrives for everyone. If you intend to install iOS 15.4 anyways, make sure your iPhone has been backed up first.
Andrew is a freelance writer based on the East Coast of the US.
He has written for a variety of sites over the years, including iMore, Android Central, Phandroid, and a few others. Now, he spends his days working for an HVAC company, while moonlighting as a freelance writer at night.