Home › Forums › iPhone Forums › Cannot Get Mail. The connection to server failed. iPhone 6. Yahoo Mail › Reply To: Cannot Get Mail. The connection to server failed. iPhone 6. Yahoo Mail
Sorry you’re having trouble with your yahoo account on your iPhone. It looks like there are lots of reports of users currently experiencing issues with their Yahoo accounts on Apple devices–on their Twitter account for Yahoo Customer Care they posted this message on 2/17/2018:
We are aware that some Yahoo Mail users are currently seeing issues when accessing their emails through a Mail app. We apologize to those affected and are working quickly to fix it. You can try using the web or Yahoo Mail app to access your email in the meantime.
But let’s try some workarounds!
First, close your Mail App by pressing the Home button or swiping up the Home Gesture Bar, locating Mail App Preview, and swiping that up off the top of your screen to close. Then, toggle Cellular Data ON (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data)–if it’s already ON, toggle it off, wait 30 seconds, and toggle back on. And finally, reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This removes all stored WiFi network passcodes, so have those available to enter in again.
Once your device restarts, connect to a WiFi network and launch the mail app again. See if it’s connecting and working normally.
If not, delete the Yahoo Mail account again and add it in manually, using the following configuration:
1. Go to Accounts & Passwords
2. Select Add Account
3. Select Other (not Yahoo)
4. Tap Add Mail Account
5. Enter your user ID and password
6. Enter the following details for the server manually:
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com and enter again your user name and password
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
7. It should start verfiying your account–it sometimes takes a little time so be patient
8. Once verified, choose what services you want to sync with your device–Mail and Notes or others
9. Open the Mail app and see if your yahoo mail is available (you may need to wait for all your email to download to your device)