This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Daniel hansson 2 months ago.
- September 8, 2019 at 9:10 AM #80672
Hi, would like to have an alarm on my iPhone which at a predefined time signals with a short signal and does not give away any more signals after that.
All built-in alarms in the iPhone repeat until you manually switch it off with a tap of your finger.
Just to be clear, I don’t want to press anything, I just want a single short signal, that’s all.
Does anyone know a way to achieve this?
- September 10, 2019 at 8:28 AM #80820
One can ask Siri to turn off the alarm when it goes off. But probably that is not the solution you are looking for.
The other solution I could think of is to use the Shortcuts app by Apple.
This app has a learning curve but once it is learned, it becomes a powerful tool to help automate a multitude of tasks on an iOS device.
Apple’s website has the best tutorial on how to use Shortcuts. I found those tutorials better than most.
- It has a logical flow of steps (or actions as Apple calls them) which one wants to perform.
- There is an action in this app called ‘Toggle Alarm’ which toggles ON or OFF an alarm at the user-defined time.
This app has numerous built-in actions and one can play around with those to get the required result.
- The shortcut app can be used with Siri also.
- September 12, 2019 at 9:21 AM #81033
Thanks Syd! I will try that