- November 23, 2017 at 6:44 AM #45683
Since I upgraded my iMac to macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1 Messages doesn’t send text messages from my iMac. However, I do received them and sync with my other devices is OK.
- June 20, 2019 at 12:11 PM #73901
I have the same problem. Anyone have an answer?
- June 20, 2019 at 12:17 PM #73923
Hi Robert and Francine,
Try the following:
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Make sure both your phone number and email address are marked with a check.
2. Then, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding and choose to allow your Mac to send and receive text messages from your iPhone.
3. If you’re not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, look on your Mac for a verification code and enter that code on your iPhone.
4. To receive SMS texts on your Mac, your iPhone must be turned on and connected to WiFi or a cellular
If you don’t see the Text Message Forwarding option on your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on. Then, tap Send & Receive > Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, and sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your Mac
Hope this helps, if not let us know!