- December 13, 2015 at 3:44 PM #29273Sharon GatesGuest
Tried to move some photos and saw the amount was over 4000. Tried to cancel the request and after a note came up and said cancelled, I shut the window. Now when working on computer a small tan window comes up and says “Closing the Library” at random times. It will not let us download the new OS. Please help?
- June 29, 2016 at 5:36 AM #33176Don maggardGuest
Closing the library pops up when I try to open Photos
- March 7, 2017 at 5:18 PM #38942Robert TraffordGuest
Photos has been stuck with a little rectangle saying “Closing the library” for 3 days.
I am afraid of losing my slideshow work if I force quit.
What to do?
- March 27, 2017 at 5:58 PM #39544Le Thanh ToanGuest
I play Kingsroad at first see or should I buy an iPad just to play this game alone. but now this game Crash Hack disconnet faulty error , a lot of times I have mail for Rumblegames.com , but only get the answer that : ” You check your internet connection or your iPhone . ” I look forward to are playing a game does not happen error and error and accidents or disconnet because it cost me a lot of money and time I look forward to repay the amount . I hope to get the reply of you soon . Thank for your help .
- June 24, 2017 at 8:01 AM #41856Pauline O’RielleyGuest
Try “Force Quitting” the Photos app by clicking “Force Quit,” which is under the Apple Icon in the menu bar (Apple Menu > Force Quit ), highlighting the Photos app icon in the pop-up window and clicking the “Force Quit” button. Then shut down the computer and wait for a few minutes. Power the computer back up and open Photos. See if your Photos app seems to be working fine, and updates the library with photos taken recently.
If that didn’t help, Repair your Photo Library
- Press Option-Command and double-click the Photos icon in the Applications folder (or click the Photos icon in the Dock). The Repair Library window opens
- Click Repair to rebuild your photo library
- January 9, 2019 at 8:19 AM #61676Michael TaylorGuest
Thank you, Pauline O’Rielley. The force quit followed by shut down for few minutes restored my photos when restarted.
- May 17, 2018 at 9:08 AM #48935Anthony J FahmieGuest
I clicked on Photos so that the word Photos showed in my Bookmarks Bar. Then I went to the Apple Icon in the Bar and clicked on force quit. That made a pop up that highlighted Photos and I clicked force quit and my Photos all opened up right where I left off.
- June 16, 2018 at 6:53 AM #50389MaggieGuest
Closing the library pops up, how to clear or get back in there
- August 10, 2018 at 5:22 AM #53637mrinal miriGuest
I was tying to delete some photos from the photo library. Suddenly a box popped up saying ‘closing the library..’ the box will not disappear. Please help
- August 18, 2018 at 8:35 AM #54125Dianne RenaudGuest
I cannot access my pictures a pop up says closing the library
- August 28, 2018 at 5:05 PM #54695NancyGuest
Close library will not go away. I have work to do. This is a major hassle. Please help.
- October 6, 2018 at 6:44 PM #56622kevin gerard davittGuest
Thank you “Anthony J Fahmie.” That cured the same problem for me.
- February 2, 2019 at 10:01 AM #63110Stephanee ClarkeGuest
I’m having a terrible problem with my MacBook Air because “Closing Library…” keeps popping up and I have super important work to finish where I need to Airdrop many photos and then attach them to my ‘Pages” work.
Although the iPad sends the Airdropped photos, they will not upload onto my MacBook anymore.
“Closing Library…” just appears and I cannot ‘Quit’ the Photos app at the bottom of my screen either :-(((((
- May 23, 2019 at 9:23 AM #72056Bonnie WilsonGuest
CLOSING LIBRARY KEEPS POPPING UP WHEN I TRY TO VIEW MY PHOTOS.
- August 31, 2019 at 6:54 AM #80084GloriaGuest
Closing library keeps popping up when I try to see my photos. why? how to stop it so I can see my photos.
- August 31, 2019 at 6:56 AM #80095Elizabeth JonesModerator
Please see this article “Cannot Close Photos Library? Stuck on “Closing the Library” Message? How-To Fix” for more information on this issue with the Photos app on your Mac.
- This topic has 15 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago by .
Viewing 14 reply threads
Viewing 14 reply threads