- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 2 months ago by Philip T.
- October 14, 2016 at 3:24 AM #35617AmyGuest
I have 2 co-workers who’s contacts keep freezing or locking in the middle of trying to find a name or scroll through. (yes, I am the resident “iphone tech support” in my office LOL!) One of them is an iphone 6 and did the ios10 update, the other has a brand new iphone 7 with the same updates. It’s driving them crazy and they in turn are driving ME crazy! My iphone 7 hasn’t had the issue at all.
PLEASE someone save my sanity and give me a fix for this!!!
- October 14, 2016 at 3:56 AM #35655SKKeymaster
1.Back up your iPhone to iCloud including contacts
2. Tap on Settings > Contacts > Accounts.
3. You will see your accounts here. Tap on iCloud. Scroll down and switch OFF Contacts. It will say Keep on my iPhone or Delete from my iPhone. Choose Delete from my iPhone.
4. Next step is to re-enable the Contacts to ON here.
5. If it says Merge contacts, Confirm and proceed.
6. Restart your phone and try
Hopefully this works for you. Good Luck
- November 2, 2016 at 8:59 AM #35987AlexGuest
Funny how apple repeats this bug over and over, making users regret they’ve updated to “latest” os.
- November 3, 2016 at 8:38 PM #36048AlonzoGuest
My screen is frozen. Every time I turn on my iMac it start to unfold pages and pages and then let’s frozen
- November 11, 2016 at 6:39 AM #36161Brook BowenGuest
I have the same problem. iPhone 5 freezes to a white screen when I try and access Contacts then after about 20 seconds it goes back to the phone. This began occurring after the IOS 10 update
I use a Microsoft Live account for my emails and Outlook (not the online version) for email, calendar and contacts.
After many hours of I narrowed it down to my Microsoft Office Contacts or “People” as they call it.
If I go to my phone settings and select the Outlook account to manage my contacts it freezes. When I turn off the option to my outlook account it works fine.
- August 2, 2017 at 9:51 AM #42898TomGuest
Tried suggestion above but no good. Have latest OS update installed for my iPhone 6S plus. Contacts freezes up after typing in even 1 letter into the search box in “contacts”.Don’t understand “…Outlook account to manage my contacts…”
- August 2, 2017 at 10:01 AM #42906SKKeymaster
Here’s a reader tip:
Go to SETTINGS > CONTACTS and toggle off CONTACTS FOUND IN APPS
THEN, for those of you that use multiple email accounts, go to SETTINGS > CONTACTS > ACCOUNTS and toggle off CONTACT SYNCING for accounts where you don’t need or want to import any contacts
Finally, close all your apps by double pressing Home and swiping up all app previews to close. Then tap on the apps you want to use with your synced contacts
- September 27, 2017 at 7:18 PM #44445NorthlinerGuest
How about if Apple just fixes there failed software so thier devices work as advertised?
- October 3, 2017 at 8:46 AM #44511Philip TGuest
If I search in contacts, I can type any name but the first two letters appear on the screen and then their is a lag of 10seconds before the rest appear and it begins to list name matches.
I am sure the issue is the iCloud and think it sends the information to iCloud and searches on there rather than on your phone!
In Settings, I only have iCloud selected with contacts turned on. If I turn iCloud off and select it to delete all contacts on the phone (it leaves them on the cloud so you won’t lose them). Then you can add a few contacts on your phone, and when you now search it types instantly etc. When you then click back on settings and turn iCloud sync back on the problem returns.
So why does the phone not just have a setting to let you search for you contacts that are just on your phone?
(I have had this problem for a few years now, so it is not just the current IOS, and I have an iPhone 5)