This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by James 3 months, 4 weeks ago.
- April 29, 2015 at 11:20 PM #27811
My iPad is not working at all. When pressing the start button, it just shows half screen of ghost (light gray shimmering half screen). Pressing the two buttons doesn’t work. Charging it does no good.
Started iTunes on my PC and plugged in iPad. PC sees an iPad, but says I need to enter passcode. I can’t enter the passcode because I can’t start the iPad. Is there any way to force a Restore or wipe. I don’t care that much about the data.
- May 5, 2015 at 8:08 AM #27822
I am having the same problem with my ipad as well. I hope someone can please help me out with this. I don’t care about the data but if I can save it I would like to.
- May 6, 2015 at 12:18 AM #27839
Try these methods & you’re devices will run.
Here they are:
1. HARD POWER RESET/REBOOT – Hold down power button for 5 seconds, while keeping power button depressed, push home button for 10 seconds, finally release power button & continue to hold home button by itself for additional 20 seconds. Total Hard Reset Time – 30 seconds – no longer – if 30 seconds is exceeded, next reset cycle will begin to overlap & device will turn off & reboot progress will be lost.
2. SOFT POWER RESET – Begin to hold down power & home button simultaneously; continue to hold down both buttons for 10 seconds. Total Soft Reset Time – 10 seconds – no longer.
3. RESTART “KICK” START AFTER CRASH – Begin to hold down power & volume up button simultaneously, continue to hold down both buttons for 10-15 seconds. Total Reset Time Varies – depending on the reason / severity of the device failure.
- November 22, 2015 at 1:18 AM #29126
Thank You it worked great
- August 28, 2018 at 7:15 PM #54701
My iPad is on but I can’t type the passcode in
- May 20, 2019 at 4:18 PM #69499
Thanks so much for this advice. My ipad was completely s screwed, even resfored the ios using iTunes and it didn’t help, until I tried your advice kick-start after crash