This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Joy Ratcliff 9 months ago.
- October 11, 2016 at 11:02 AM #35585
I have an apple id -which is my Gmail account and I want to create an iCloud email address.
and when I click done to confirm email I get a message “Problem Turning On Mail……There was a problem turning on your email, try again” even when I try again the problem still persist.
I am using iPhone 6s version 10.0.2(14A456)
1. Open settings >>iCloud click on it
2. Mail should be switched off ( if Apple ID is not ur iCloud account)
3. Slide to turn it on, u are prompted to create or cancel, Click create
4. On the new Icloud Email, enter ur name to create [email protected]
5. Click on next, Confirm Email by clicking Done
6 The “Problem Turning On Mail……There was a problem turning on your email, try again” appears and even when you say ok and try again, you get the same message.
Can anyone help me fix this, please
For anyone having this issue, the fix that works appears to be signing OUT and then back IN to your iCloud Account!
- March 30, 2017 at 4:43 PM #39656
This is a problem that has been happening since 2012! No one seems able to fix this. Even Apple. After reading many forums and miscellaneous pages, the best advice seems to be to stop, restart, wait a day, restart, then begin again. The assumption is: these people MUST have gotten it to work at some point, why not us? Maybe they forget to update the forums with the solution that worked.
I have zero faith, but I do have time. I WILL update if I make it to the promise land.
- May 8, 2017 at 9:37 AM #40782
Try signing off and back on to your Apple ID. Settings, then the top button with your name and sign out at the bottom of the Apple ID screen. Worked for me.
- May 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM #48883
SIgning out of iCloud on iPhone, then signing in again allowed me to proceed with creating an iCloud mail account.
- May 15, 2018 at 2:35 PM #48899
Signing out of iCloud and then back in worked!
- July 25, 2018 at 8:51 AM #52486
Holy crap! Logging out of iCloud and back in did the trick. Pass it along.