- August 1, 2017 at 7:11 AM #42883
I can’t login to my Facetime account. I keep getting the message that my iPad can’t connect to the server. This is not a new account.
- August 1, 2017 at 7:20 AM #42889
Sometimes when you get this message, the fault lies with Apple and its Servers. So if this happened in a single time frame (like you tried over the course of a few hours,) simply waiting a day lets Apple take care of its internal issues. Check Apple’s system status (https://www.apple.com/uk/support/systemstatus/)
However, it’s often NOT Apple.
Try the following:
1) Reset Network Settings (Settings > General > Reset)
2) Check that your time zone is correct OR set it to automatic (Settings > General > Date&Time)
3) If you’re trying to use FaceTime over cellular, make sure that Use Cellular Data is on for FaceTime. Go to Settings > Cellular > Use Cellular Data For, and turn on FaceTime
4) If you don’t see the FaceTime setting, make sure that Camera and FaceTime aren’t off in Settings > General > Restrictions
5) Force Restart by pressing Home (or Volume Down) and Power and hold until you see the Apple logo
Check out these articles for more details: