This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Donald 3 years, 7 months ago.
- October 14, 2015 at 2:27 AM #28656
FaceTime on my new MacBook Pro will neither make nor receive calls. It rings (at either end), but when either I or the person I am calling tries to answer the call is cut off with the message “Call Failed”. I can successfully make the same call to the same recipient on either my iPhone or my iPad. Only my Mac doesn’t work. Any thoughts about how to fix this?
- November 4, 2015 at 8:17 AM #28996
I have exactly the same problem. It rings out and the recipient can see it but it will not connect. Even when it tells me the call failed it keeps ringing after I have closed the app down ?
It would be nice if Apple actually looked at this forum and offered advice.
- November 12, 2015 at 1:01 AM #29045
- November 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM #29063
MacBooK pro OS X Yosemite verison 10.10.5….facetime will not connect to any of our iphone6’s nor my friends iPhone6+ says “connecting, then times out… tried turning on and off FaceTime and going to preferences and signing out and signing back in.. no joy
I can use my iPhone6 FaceTime to connect to my friends phone
- November 17, 2015 at 3:36 AM #29068
Are you using a beta version of a software? I had the same problem but it fixed itself when I updated to the official version…
- December 14, 2015 at 6:16 AM #29279
If you are facing issue using Facetime, then try the below steps:-
1. First check that Facetime is enabled by going to Facetime>Preferences.
2. Verify whether the date and time are set properly or not.
3. Check that both the parties are connected to an active internet connection.
For a more detailed description of how to resolve this issue, read this post.