- This topic has 13 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months ago by Peg.
- May 5, 2015 at 8:11 AM #27823ClarenceGuest
When I open IBooks, I can access my library just fine. However, when I click on Featured, Top Charts, or Top Authors, the screen is blank. I can’t search for or purchase new books as a result.
- July 21, 2016 at 7:44 AM #33761MikeGuest
I have the same problem. Talked with Apple Support and tried several ideas- nothing worked. Made an appointment with Genius Bar for next week.
- July 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM #33803SpencerGuest
Can you let us know how you get on Mike. I have the same problem.
- July 21, 2016 at 11:30 AM #33821ChrisGuest
Both my iPad 3 and my iPad Pro are having the iBook problem. No Best Seller list, New York Times, etc. Only my current bookshelf shows. My IPhone 6 Plus works fine. This is very annoying.
- July 21, 2016 at 4:28 PM #33833AndrewGuest
Same problem here. Only part that works is my current bookshelf
- July 22, 2016 at 6:10 AM #33873SpencerGuest
Update from me. I’ve been chatting to apple support. They recognise the problem but don’t have a fix at the moment. Apparently, they’re working on a fix which will come through in a software update.
- July 22, 2016 at 5:17 PM #33905MikeGGuest
I’ve had the same problem. Today I turned my iPad all the way off. When I turned it back on, I was again able to access Top Authors, etc.
- August 25, 2016 at 4:52 AM #34605Rhodri JonesGuest
Same problem here. But everything was OK after performing a complete power off.
- August 29, 2016 at 6:40 AM #34650Nancy BustleGuest
From my iPad mini I opened iBooks and noticed something odd. A one page instruction on how to assemble a farm table that I had viewed on the internet last week. I have no idea how it landed in my iBook library. I opened it and now can’t close it. I’ve restarted my iPad but it didn’t get rid of the instruction page.
- January 8, 2019 at 6:58 AM #61570MarthaGuest
In Books, I can only search by genres, sections, not by author.
- February 17, 2019 at 8:59 AM #63939Larry PollisGuest
Is Apple ever going to fix this? It seems to have been a problem for years?
- April 20, 2019 at 2:26 PM #67642BobbieGuest
I go to the bookstore to search for a new book to read and the only results I get are a list of the books in my library. I have using the application on both my iPad and iPhone for years with no issue – until today. I basically cannot search the bookstore. Guess I won’t be buying any more books!!!!!! Would love to know the fix!
- May 14, 2019 at 9:12 AM #68782AmandaGuest
Having the same issue with Apple Books in iOS as Bobbie!
Driving me crazy trying to figure this out!
- July 16, 2019 at 9:01 PM #75961PegGuest
You need to scroll down past where SEARCH shows your library to where it shows Book Store.
My problem is I cannot find recently published books although they’ve been out on kindle for months.