This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Steve Miner 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
- September 19, 2016 at 7:54 AM #35090
After I send a message then press the back arrow to view all of my messages, the back arrow is not responsive about 50% of the time.
iPhone 6s iOS 10
- October 9, 2016 at 9:30 AM #35555
Hi there! I have the exact same problem, have you receive any answer to your problem ?
Iphone SE IOS 10.0.2
- January 26, 2017 at 8:09 PM #37487
Debbie iPhone SE
I too have this issue. Anyone get a solution?
- March 1, 2017 at 9:35 AM #38550
Same problem. Very irritating
- January 21, 2018 at 11:23 AM #46735
Same problem with iPhone X, ios 11.2.2. I upgraded from an iPhone 6 a week ago. The iPhone 6 had the same problem.
- January 18, 2019 at 8:07 PM #62307
Texting back arrow doesn’t work.
- February 1, 2019 at 11:57 AM #63051
The back arrow just suddenly stopped working on my texts. What’s up???
- February 1, 2019 at 12:10 PM #63054
- Remove any case or screen protectors (or both)
- Turn Display Zoom off, if you have it on (check in your Accessibility Settings)
- Try a left to right swipe across the body of the text, see if the arrow shows back up.
- Change the screen orientation–look at the Message App in landscape mode and if the arrow shows up, turn it back to portrait mode.
Try to reduce your text size using the Accessibility settings until the back button works normally
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Larger Text–make text as small as possible and see if that makes a difference. Also turn off Bold Text too!
- Once you verify that the back button starts working again, go back to the Larger Text setting and increase the text size one size at a time and text to see if the back button still appears.
- If the back button stops showing up, go back one text size.
If that doesn’t help, do the following
- Force Close the Messages app via the app switcher and then re-launch the Message App
- restart your iPhone
- update to the latest iOS
- February 1, 2019 at 6:26 PM #63067
Thanks for the tips. I was able to go to my Settings and turn off the Bold Type and now I am able to use by back arrow on my text screen.