This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Wiclif 2 years, 3 months ago.
- September 9, 2016 at 9:36 AM #34897
my i pad will not turn on or show any life what so ever. when i connect it to my laptop it wont show up in iTunes, connect it to my wall charger it wont turn on. i have tried to hard reset the device and it still wont work what can i do to fix this problem or can i at all.
thank you in advance.
- September 17, 2016 at 6:01 PM #35074
My ipad 2 is doing the same thing. I got a new battery professionally installed this past week, it started to charge up to 34% and since then the screen is black. I don’t know if it is charged or not, but did leave it plugged in all night. I have tried pressing the Home and on/off buttons at the same time but that did nothing. Have downloaded apps on the iPad from iTunes, but I can’t reboot it using iTunes as it does not even show up as a device. Have you gotten any help? If I find a solution I will let you know, hope you do the same for me. Karen
- September 24, 2016 at 8:52 AM #35218
My iPad started having difficulties charging (I had to charge it on a USB socket outside the computer, as it would state Not Charging, when connected to my computer. Then it just blocked. Now it is fully charged but the screen does not respond and no buttons deliver any response whatsoever. What do I do?
- September 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM #35339
My ipad3 is Frozen! The slide unlock will not work. I have tried the hard reset, where you hold down the button until the apple icon appears, only on my idad it doesn’t appear. Okay, so I go to itunes, where it says do you want to allow access to your ipad to itunes? I click yes. It says respond on your ipad…duh! My ipad is frozen, people! If I could respond on my ipad, would I be looking for help? I am beyond frustrated.
Please give me simple instructions on how to unlock my ipad3.
- October 2, 2016 at 8:02 AM #35369
My Ipad mini is frozen!! Wont turn off or on!! Small circle in the middle of the screen just keeps spinning!!
- October 31, 2016 at 8:09 AM #35966
I had the same problem.
I found the information below on an older page – version 2 worked for me. Thank you Jeremy!
The blank, “dead” screen that your iPad is experiencing is most likely a simple fix. There are 3 button sequences, that “resurrect” any i device when you think you’ve lost it forever. The key is in accurate timing & to perform each of these in a timely manner & in the correct order is of paramount importance (if you want your device up & running the 1st time, every time.
Here they are:
1. HARD POWER RESET/REBOOT – Hold down power button for 5 seconds, while keeping power button depressed, push home button for 10 seconds, finally release power button & continue to hold home button by itself for additional 20 seconds. Total Hard Reset Time – 30 seconds – no longer – if 30 seconds is exceeded, next reset cycle will begin to overlap & device will turn off & reboot progress will be lost.
2. SOFT POWER RESET – Begin to hold down power & home button simultaneously; continue to hold down both buttons for 10 seconds. Total Soft Reset Time – 10 seconds – no longer.
3. RESTART “KICK” START AFTER CRASH – Begin to hold down power & volume up button simultaneously, continue to hold down both buttons for 10-15 seconds. Total Reset Time Varies – depending on the reason / severity of the device failure.
Hope this helps!
Jeremy May 6, 2015, 12.19am