- This topic is empty.
- September 27, 2015 at 5:43 AM #28428Margaret TaylorGuest
When I FaceTime anyone they cannot see me. I can see them and also see myself up st the left hand corner. Can you advise please
- September 28, 2015 at 10:51 PM #28440SandraGuest
Having same problem since I loaded latest update. Someone please HELP!
- October 8, 2015 at 9:50 AM #28575Sarah DGuest
Same problem since I have updated to iOA 9.0.2
Does anyone have an answer to this problem????
- October 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM #28638LorraineGuest
Same problem when I face time the person cannot see me
- October 14, 2015 at 2:20 AM #28661Marie cleggGuest
Still not able to see me on FaceTime
- October 14, 2015 at 2:23 AM #28655Marie cleggGuest
FaceTime picture not transmitting
- October 15, 2015 at 12:42 PM #28702Geoff HodsonGuest
After upgrading my parents iPad to 9.02, when they call me using FaceTime, they can see me , but I can’t see them. I get a poor connection message, that does not change. The same happens if they call my sister.
- October 16, 2015 at 10:53 AM #28742KathyGuest
When I call on FaceTime I can see and hear who I called but they can’t see me. They can hear me. They have a screen that says poor connection. How can I fix this
- October 16, 2015 at 11:48 PM #28745Chris AbbottGuest
After upgrading to IOS 9.0.2 People That I facetime cant see me. I can see myself.
I see others have the same problem. Please help.
- October 17, 2015 at 9:26 AM #28749Marie cleggGuest
- October 18, 2015 at 1:13 AM #28756nagarajanGuest
After updating my ipad with iOS 9.0.2, When I call on FaceTime I can see and hear who I called but they can’t see me. They can hear me. They have a screen that says poor connection. How can I fix this?
- October 18, 2015 at 7:39 AM #28770ChristinaGuest
Has anybody managed to solve this yet? My parents have this problem; I can’t reproduce it on my iPad and have no idea how to fix it
- October 18, 2015 at 7:40 AM #28768Heather ScanlonGuest
Since the last iOS upgrade (9.0.2) when I FaceTime I can’t see who I’m face timing but they can see me. I’m using an IPad (model number MD514LL/A)
- October 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM #28781Margie CreamerGuest
Same problem with me. I can see but they can not see me, just hear.
- October 19, 2015 at 12:07 AM #28776EdGuest
Same problem, but with AirPlar on an iPad. It no longer mirrors after iOS 9 update. AppleTV gets the audio, but no video. Even the AppleTV icon now appears as a speaker, instead of a TV. Wish I had not updated the OS. The new OS seems to have a major bug in properly recognizing AV devices.
- October 19, 2015 at 12:07 AM #28775EdGuest
Same problem, but with AirPlay. After iOS 9 update, AppleTV gets only audio, NO video. There seems a major bug with the new OS when it comes to recognizing and/or transmitting video devise/signal. Very poor QC at Apple these days. SJ is rolling in grave.
- October 20, 2015 at 11:58 PM #28811GrahamGuest
Come on Apple admit you have a problem with the camera not working on FaceTime after the iOS update..Bring out yet another update to fix things.
- October 20, 2015 at 11:59 PM #28803BobGuest
Same problem with me. I can see but they can not see me, just hear. So much for updating iOS.
- October 25, 2015 at 10:06 AM #28849James mcdonaldGuest
I have the same problem since last download get your finger out Apple SORT IT.
- October 25, 2015 at 10:06 AM #28844ChristopherGuest
My family keeps in regular contact via FaceTime. But not anymore. It just won’t work. We are so sick of it. It hasn’t been working for a while now. Surely Apple knows there is a problem. Oh well. Back to Skype.
- October 25, 2015 at 10:07 AM #28839AdamsGuest
My Ipad Facetime works fine,BUT my Wife’s Ipad with exactly the same settings as mine has the same problem reiterated time and again above:
RECIPIENTS CANNOT SEE A PICTURE, BUT HAVE BLACK SCREEN FROM HER IPAD. Mine however to the same people works fine. We both have latest update of IOS 9!
- October 28, 2015 at 8:48 AM #28881Ariel KleinGuest
I have the same issue with my iPad with iOS9.1. My iPhone 5 with iOS9.1 works fine to others. I can even FT fine between my iPhone and my iPad (iPad on wireless not broadband). But using my iPad to others does not work.
- October 31, 2015 at 12:08 PM #28918MathivananGuest
The same problem. Iam in India and using iPad. I can see and hear my grand daughter who is in America through facetime. But she could only hear me. No video. Why can’t Apple fix it when many people are facing the same problem after upgrading the ios to version 9?
- November 1, 2015 at 10:45 PM #28955Aliro OlaveGuest
Same problem. Sydney, Australia
- November 1, 2015 at 10:45 PM #28946Heather EatonGuest
I have the same problem, please help someone! What can I do.
- November 2, 2015 at 11:51 AM #28964LorraineGuest
Same problem and Apple want to charge me to fix it. I am really upset about this problem – when are Apple going to fix it?
- November 4, 2015 at 5:29 AM #28970ElizabethGuest
I have this problem, I can see the other party but they cannot see me only have audio. Can we fix it?
- November 7, 2015 at 12:32 AM #29010AmyGuest
Same problem here…spent hour and half with Apple, they swore it was my internet, spent two and half hours with Internet provider and upgraded my service to get better speeds (Aplle swore that was the issue since IOS 9.1 has HD video) and still NO FaceTime. Grandparents are jonesing to see their grandson…
- November 10, 2015 at 9:43 AM #29024Greg stewartGuest
Hey guys. If you’ve updated your software make sure that the person on the other end has the same software or higher. Then they will be able to see you 🙂
- November 10, 2015 at 9:43 AM #29023Caroline WilliamsGuest
When I FaceTime any of my family, I can see them but they can not see me. This started when I completed my update!!
Come on Apple there must be a solution by now. Or at least information to the customer that this is being worked on.
- November 14, 2015 at 9:52 AM #29058NicolaGuest
FaceTime ain’t working people can hear me but can’t see it’s driving me mad now as last update was suppose to fix it and it still ain’t working
- November 14, 2015 at 9:52 AM #29057NicolaGuest
When I FaceTime people they can’t see me but I can see them I can hear em only since new update en I updated again thinking it would b fixed and still no come on Apple find a solution please
- November 17, 2015 at 3:35 AM #29069Diane FitchGuest
I to am experiencing problems with FaceTime on video,I can see the person but they cannot see me, tried everything, please help!
This problem is only on my I Pad not my I Phone!
- November 18, 2015 at 11:21 PM #29090Eileen BancroftGuest
Same problem. Cannot see us but we can see them! Now what!
- November 19, 2015 at 7:47 AM #29104Suzy SmalleyGuest
Same problem, I’ve just set up 2 brand new ipads and cant see video on facetime … does anyone know whether apple have come up with anything to suggest why this is?
- November 20, 2015 at 2:15 AM #29116Liz ColesGuest
Same problem on iPad 3542….I see them but they have message ‘poor connection’ but they hear me. It is since the last update and on my iPhone 4 it’s fine!
- November 22, 2015 at 1:18 AM #29127MargaretGuest
Come on Apple it’s now been 2 months and my friends still cannot see my video on FaceTime although I can see them no problem. Think it’s about time you got this sorted
- November 30, 2015 at 12:05 PM #29191DesGuest
Same problem here when is it going to be resolved?I have tried everything I can think of.
Even blamed other parties, wifi!
- December 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM #29220zeejarGuest
Any body try updating the DNS settings to point to the free Google DNSs.?
The address of the Google’s DNS servers are:
Setting the DNS to these numbers on the wifi setting had helped with “Poor connection ” issues in the past. I don’t have this problem so far.
- December 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM #29255Mona chevalierGuest
Having the same problem on FaceTime people cannot see us….but we see them…. As anybody find a solution to this problem ?
- December 14, 2015 at 10:12 PM #29295frank7034Guest
Try switching off your network router, wait for a minute or two and then turn it back on. Appears to be a problem related with the routers. Also check if the FaceTime problem is happening when you are using your mac. If that does not solve the issue, you may have to reach out to genius.
- December 17, 2015 at 2:42 PM #29315AnacletoGuest
I tried everything to solve this problem including contacting AppleCare Telephone Support (who had me resetting network settings) and my ISP (who checked out my router and tweaked a few settings) but all to no avail. Then along came a software update (9.2) and as if by magic my granddaughter can see me again! I haven’t tried anyone else yet but I guess the problem has gone away, at least as far as I’m concerned. There seems to have been no admission from Apple that this problem ever existed and it’s not referenced in the list of bug fixes – though there is “Fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video” which could possibly be relevant. It’s so annoying not to know!!! Hope everyone who suffered from this problem (which wasn’t all iPad FaceTime users – why?) finds it’s now fixed.
- December 17, 2015 at 3:13 PM #29322frank7034Guest
Yayyy!! Make sure to turn off the wi-fi assist after you upgrade to 9.2. This is one of the issues that can cause th e battery to drain fast after the upgrade.
- October 13, 2017 at 8:47 AM #44823PatsyGuest
Just updated my IPad and IPhone. The video doesn’t work – it did just before the install.
- December 6, 2017 at 9:22 PM #46015Viktoriya MolotayGuest
I’m on FaceTime with my daughter. I see and hear her perfectly well. But she can only hear me, but cant see.
- December 6, 2017 at 9:22 PM #46014Viktoriya MolotayGuest
On FaceTime with my daughter. I can see and hear her perfectly well. She only can hear me, but cannot see.
- March 18, 2018 at 7:25 PM #48027MichelleGuest
My Facetime was working just fine a couple of weeks ago, but as of today, with a Facetime call from my granddaughter in another state, she can see me, but I can’t see her. The video is not coming through (not just with her but with everyone now). The connection is fine from me to them, but from them to me I can only here the audio (no video). I am searching and searching every website to try to figure out how to fix this and repair the problem. Can someone help me PLEASE??? Thank You!
- September 27, 2018 at 5:53 PM #55914JulieGuest
I would love to see the answer to this problem. on my MaCAir i keep getting the circle of death as it says it is “verifying” my sign in forever, so gave up and went to iPad and i have the problem everyone else is- I can hear them, not see them, they can see me fine. So frustrating. So neither device works. I have a Samsung phone, so now I am forced to use the DUO app so I can see them on this tiny screen instead of computer. I have been counting on Facetime to keep connected to my brand new grandchild in California- would really love a list of the fixes. Restarting does not work, nor getting out of app and back in. It said bad conneciton but every other wifi connection we make here is fine and fast- that is not the issue. I would update but from what some say, the issues got worse with updating.
- March 21, 2019 at 5:37 AM #65804LynnGuest
I have the same issue…. but clearly Apple support is non existent – not even one reply for this!!! Guess it will be back to Windows and Skype!!! Grrrr……