If you can believe it, December is already underway. Not only does that mean it’s time to start your holiday shopping (if you haven’t already), but it’s that time of the year where Spotify releases its Wrapped experience.
- How to Download Spotify Songs to Your Apple Watch
- How to play Spotify on your Apple HomePod
- Use Amazon Music On Apple Watch
- How to Find Apple Music Replay 2021
- How to AirPlay from iPhone to Mac With iOS 15 and macOS Monterey
What Is Spotify Wrapped?
For the unaware, this is Spotify’s way of showing you different metrics about your listening experience. These include things like your favorite songs, the number of minutes that you spent listening to music or podcasts, and much more.
With Spotify 2021 Wrapped, the streaming giant is offering a few new features that weren’t available last year. These include the following:
- 2021: The Movie – This feature pairs your top songs with classic scenes from a movie that’s all about you.
- Your Audio Aura – We worked with an aura expert to visualize your audio aura based on your top two music moods.
- Playing Cards – This is an interactive, data-based game that you play and then share with your friends. We’ll display several statements about your listening this year and you’ll have to guess which are true.
- 2021 Wrapped Blend – Tapping into the new Blend feature launched this year, Spotify fans can see how their 2021 music tastes match up with friends, stream their blended playlist, and share their results on social.
In addition to those new features, here’s what you can expect to find when looking through your 2021 Wrapped information:
- Your Top Songs 2021
- Your Artists Revealed
- Top Tracks & Artists of 2021
- Best New Podcasts of 2021
- Best Episodes of 2021
- The Best of 2021
- A Look Back at 2021
We see this on a yearly basis from the likes of Spotify, Apple Music, and other streaming services. On one hand, it’s always interesting to see how much music listened to, but it also might help you “rediscover” a song that you forgot about over the course of the year.
Interesting 2021 Spotify Wrapped Stats
Instead of just providing information about what you specifically have listened to all year long, Spotify has shared some fine-tuned information. These includes songs, artists, and podcasts:
Most Streamed Songs Globally
- “drivers license” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” by Lil Nas X
- “STAY (with Justin Bieber)” by The Kid LAROI
- “good 4 u” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Levitating (feat. DaBaby)” by Dua Lipa
Most Streamed Artists in the U.S.
- Taylor Swift
- Juice WRLD
- Kanye West
- Bad Bunny
Most Popular Podcasts in the U.S.
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- Crime Junkie
- Call Her Daddy
- The Daily
- NPR News Now
How To Find Spotify Wrapped
In order to find your own 2021 Spotify Wrapped, you’ll simply need to make sure that you have installed the latest version of the app on your phone of choice. From there, just navigate to the Home tab within the app.
Right below your most recently played artists and playlists, you’ll see a “#SpotifyWrapped” block that will start a slideshow providing you with all of the information you could want to know. Once the slideshow has concluded, you’ll be taken to the landing page for Your Spotify Wrapped. Then, you can explore the different artists and curated playlists.
Andrew is a freelance writer based on the East Coast of the US.
He has written for a variety of sites over the years, including iMore, Android Central, Phandroid, and a few others. Now, he spends his days working for an HVAC company, while moonlighting as a freelance writer at night.