1. Navigate to the screen on your iPad that you want to take a screen capture.
2. Hold down the Home button.
3. While the Home button is depressed, click the “on/off/sleep/wake” button. This is the button on the upper-right of your iPad.
4. You will hear a sound effect similar to a camera shutter going off. And your screen will flash. That means that your iPad had just taken a screenshot of your iPad screen. It is saved in your Photo app.
5. Click on the Photos to see it.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.