So you have a new iOS device (like the new iPad or a new iPhone) and now you want to move your previous backup onto it because you will probably want your SMS messages, email accounts, photos, notes, and other personal settings on your new device. Here is how:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes and iOS.
- Back up your current device by connecting it to iTunes and syncing it.
- On the same computer, now connect your new device to iTunes
- iTunes will prompt you to restore from your backup or set up your new device as a new. Select restore from your current device’s backup.
- Your new device will restart after when iTunes completes restoring the backup; then sync your new device with iTunes (Music, Photos, and so on).
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.