Apple had released the long-awaited iOS 4.1 for various iPhone and iPod touch models. Release notes are as follows:
• Game Center
– Send and receive friend requests
– Invite friends to multi-player games over the Internet
– Play multi-player games by auto-matching with other
– View Leaderboards and Achievements
– Discover new games from friends
• High dynamic range (HDR) photos on iPhone 4
• Support for TV show rentals on iTunes
• Ability to upload HD videos to YouTube and MobileMe over Wi-Fi on iPhone 4
• Additional support for AVRCP-supported accessories,
including next & previous track control
• FaceTime calling directly from Favorites
• Bug fixes, including:
– iPhone 4 proximity sensor performance
– iPhone 3G performance
– Nike+iPod fixes
– Bluetooth improvements
To install the update, connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer and select “check for update” after selecting the device in iTunes.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.