Upon updating to iOS 6, you may realize that the built-in YouTube app has disappeared from your device (iPad, iPhone or iPod). The built in YouTube app has been removed in iOS 6. However, you can still access YouTube:
- The YouTube app is still available at the App Store. The first option is to download and install it from there (iTunes link).
- You can access YouTube via web browser (like Safari). You can also create a home screen shortcut for the YouTube website by tapping the arrow button and selecting “Add to Home Screen” on Safari. Then you will see the YouTube icon on your device’s screen. You can open it by tapping the icon, just like launching an app. It will work without Flash.
- iPad, iPhone, iPod YouTube app: You do not have permission to access the requested resource error fix
- How to download / save YouTube videos or music files on your iPhone, iPad or iPod without Jailbreaking
- How to listen YouTube while using other apps on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.