Apple released iOS 7.1.1 to the public, meaning you can update your iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch). According to Apple, iOS 7.1.1 includes improvements, bug fixes and security updates:
Further improvements to Touch ID fingerprint recognition
Fixes a bug that could impact keyboard responsiveness
Fixes an issue when using Bluetooth keyboards with VoiceOver enabled
How to update
This update requires at least 821 MB space on your iPhone (iPad requires 1.2 GB of available storage). If you do not have enough available space, you may want to delete some things on your iPad or iPhone (photographs, videos, music, apps etc)
Also make sure that you plug your device into a power outlet before updating, because you may see this:
There are two ways to update.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install
- Then enter your passcode (if you have one)
- Agree to Terms and Conditions
- Then you device will start to download the update. This process may take a couple of minutes depending on your internet connectivity.
- When the download is done, tap Install Now…
- Again you will be asked to agree to Terms and Conditions, tap Agree
- Your device will restart after the update is complete.
2.You may also update your idevice using iTunes.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.