Tech Giant Apple Inc. recently released their latest mobile OS, iOS 7 worldwide for the Apple users. Most of the Apple device users whose device supports the new OS upgraded to it. Like any other new OS, Apple users are facing some problems after upgrading to it.
After visiting the Apple Forum, we can see that users are posting their problems randomly and are hoping for a solution. Most iPhone, iPod, and iPad owners around the world who are using iOS 7, have been reporting their problems with this new OS and the most common problem that most of the users are facing now is the “Battery Draining Problem”.
iOS 7 is a clean, sleek, and fast OS. It is better than Apple’s previous iOS versions. This new OS makes even an older iPhone 4 look like a new iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C. But whereas, a number of iOS 7 users wish that they had never made the upgrade and they are addressing this upgrade as a mistake. It is because many of the users complained that after upgrading to iOS 7, the phone’s battery life significantly decreases. Many iPhone users were disappointed to discover that their only one-year-old iPhone 5 was running down its battery life with the new iOS 7 upgrade – almost twice as fast as normal.
- First, turn off the new feature, 3D home screen wallpaper, which is one of the main attractions of the new iOS. This new 3D view eats much power than any other normal wallpaper.
- “Background App Refresh” system causes fast battery draining. Disable this function. It updates apps automatically and refreshes the apps even when you are not using them.
- Shut down some of the notifications which you don’t need. Shut down some apps which you’re not going to use now. This will save much energy.
- Turn off “Air Drop” feature. This feature looks for iPhones nearby you. Obviously, users don’t need to search for another iPhone all the time. Turning off this feature, much more power will be saved and when the user need to find iPhones near him, he can always turn it on.
- Turn off searching for WiFi. This function keeps searching for WiFi networks and drains battery life continuously.
- Set brightness to a lower level, dim the screen. This is an age-old solution to all battery life issues for smart phones.
Almost every user of every operating system platform faces this problem. iOS 7 users are now hoping for an official fix from Apple Inc. soon regarding this problem. Previously, Apple faced similar problems with their iOS 5 after the release. But after a month, they released a patch.
This time too, Apple users and fans are expecting a fix of this problem soon! It is not a good sign that the battery draining problem occurs after a short time of charging. We hope that Apple will soon solve this problem and bring smile to their users and fans all around the world.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.