Several users have reported problems when trying to make a call. The reported problems include, but are not limited to, call failing and no sound.
There has been similar Siri related problems with outgoing calls where there is no sound while a connection is established. It has been reported that updating to the latest iOS fixes this problem.
If you have a call failing issue and updating your iOS does not fix your problem, try each of these steps until you resolve your issue:
- Make sure that you are in range of the cell network by checking cell signal indicator bars.
- Reset your network by tapping Settings > General > Network
- Reset your iPhone by holding down the sleep and home buttons until the Apple logo appears
- Try Settings > phone > show my caller ID. Just visit and let the device load your settings.
- Try disabling airline mode.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.