Several users have reported that their iPhone dies, meaning they are unable to turn their device back on after they’ve powered it off.
If your iPhone is unresponsive, try these troubleshooting tips to fix your issue:
- It may be that your battery has been drained completely; just plug in your device to a power outlet and wait several minutes.
- Try to hard reset your device. To do this, press and hold the sleep/wake button and the Home button together for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- If the above suggestions do not work, try to enter recovery mode to fix your problem. Please see this article for more info.
- iPhone 5 battery drain problems, how to fix
- iPhone 5 Wi-Fi not working, How to fix
- How to know if an iPhone is unlocked?
- iPad Frozen, not responding, how to fix
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.