Several users have reported that they are unable to connect to the Internet using hotspot personal Wi-Fi. If you have this issue using Personal Hotspot wirelessly with other Wi-Fi devices, try the following tips to resolve your problem:
- Turn Personal Hotspot off. Make sure that Wi-Fi is on ( Settings > Wi-Fi) then turn Personal Hotspot on.
- Turn off Wifi and on again (Settings > Wi-Fi)
- Turn off cellular, then turn it back on a few seconds later.
- Make sure that you are entering the Wi-Fi password correctly.
- If you are trying to connect more than one devices to your Hotspot, there may be a limit for how many devices can connect to and share a Hotspot Wi-Fi network. Check your wireless carrier company.
- Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the original editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.