As previously reported, several users have lamented a change in functionality under iPhoto ’11, in which the ability to easily email photos as attachments is gone. Previous versions of iPhoto included a simple “Email” function that allowed easy composition of messages in Mail.app with photos as attachments.
Apple has now restored this functionality in a minor update to iPhoto ’11 (9.1.1). Release notes are as follows:
- Adds a preference allowing photos to be emailed using an external email application
- Adds “Classic” and “Journal” themes to email.
- Photos attached to an email can now be sized to Small, Medium or Large
- Improves reliability when upgrading a library from an earlier version of iPhoto
- iPhoto now correctly preserves the sort order of Events after upgrading a library
- Event titles displayed in headers can now be edited in Photos view
- Addresses a problem that could cause duplicate photos to be added to a MobileMe album
- Scrolling overlay now correctly displays ratings when photos are sorted by rating
- Photos are now sorted correctly when a rating is changed and photos are sorted by rating
- Fixes a problem that could cause text formatting controls to become inaccessible when editing a calendar
The new release is available through Software Update or this download link.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.