Several users have reported an issue in which iPhoto ’11 asks to upgrade the library every time the application is launched. This problem may be accompanied by an inability to view thumbnails, see projects or create projects.
Delete duplicate fonts
For many users, this issue can be resolved by deleting duplicate fonts in Font Book. Follow these steps:
- Click the Spotlight icon (magnifying glass) in the upper-right corner of the screen and type Font Book
- Go to Edit > Resolve Duplicates
- Also, look for fonts that have a small yellow triangle next to them, then click the triangle to expand and delete any duplicates by clicking the small gear icon in the upper-left corner of the window then choosing “disable” or “remove.”
Remove .avi movies from iPhoto library
Remove any .avi movie files from your iPhoto library. To do so, simply delete them within the iPhoto browser, or follow these steps:
- Locate your current iPhoto library in the ~/Pictures/ folder
- Right-click or control-click the iPhoto library and select “Show Package Contents”
- Delete any files with the extension .avi
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.