Some users have reported that iTunes crashes when they try to launch and receive this error: iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for any inconvenience.
EventType : BEX P1 : iTunes.exe P2 : 10.2.0.34 P3 : 4d6dd34e
P4 : icuuc40.dll P5 : 220.127.116.1107 P6 : 4d3b6a8e P7 : 00073335
P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000
Many people have found that replacing icuuc40.dll with the previous version works. To do so:
(1) Go to: http://icu-project.org/download/4.0.html
(2) Click on: icu4c-4_0_1-Win32-msvc8.zip to download it on your computer
(3) Extract it on your computer and open a folder called “icu”
(4) Find and copy the file called “icuuc40.dll” (icu > bin > icuuc40.dll)
(5) On your computer, go to: Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
(6) Paste and replace the existing “icuuc40.dll” file there, if you receive this error: Cannot copy icuu40: It is being used by another person or program; close all programs running and retry if it does not work, restart your pc and retry.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.