Several users have reported that they are unable to send/receive photos/images/videos through iMessage (Messages app) while they were able to send regular text messages (no multimedia). Users have also reported that they are able to send photos/images/videos on 3G/4G when they turned off Wi-Fi.
Please try the following to resolve your issue:
- Restart your device
- Turn off Wi-Fi and then turn back on
- Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset, then scroll down > Reset Network Settings.
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection
Please also refer to our previous articles as they also contain information relevant to solving this issue:
- iOS6: Messages (iMessage) not working, How to fix
- iMessage not syncing across all devices: iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch; fix
- iOS 5: iMessage not working – how to fix
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.