You can watch free educational videos on your iPad 2, which comes with iTunes already installed. You don’t even need an iTunes account. You don’t need to sign up for anything. You don’t need to submit your credit card. It’s free. Here is how…
1. Click on iTunes from your Home screen.
2. In iTunes, select “iTunes U”.
3. Find something of interest. For the purpose of this example, we’ll learn some science about the periodic table from the University of Nottingham. So we click on “Periodic Table of Videos”.
4. Now we have to select an episode.
Let’s pick “Manganese” as something to learn about. See that the button indicates “FREE”. Click on the “FREE” button.
5. Now the button has changed to say “GET EPISODE”.
Click on that “GET EPISODE” button and iTunes will start downloading the episode, as indicated by the red number one next to the Downloads button.
6. Click the Downloads button to view the progress of the download.
7. When the Downloads screen looks empty like the below; that means that your video has completed the download.
8. After it has completed the download, you can watch the video by clicking the Home button on your iPad to go back to the Home screen. And then click the Videos app.
9. Click on the thumbnail of the video to play it.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.