How to View HTML source codes on iDevices
8 Easy Steps to see HTML source codes
- Tap Safari (iPhone, iPod, or iPad), if it is not already open, and visit this page. This method also works for Chrome
- Select the Share Button (also known as the Action button):
- Tap Bookmark:
- Choose the Name Field and hit the X icon to clear it and name it “Show Page Source” and then tap “Save.”
- Confirm that the code you copy from Rob’s site looks the same as this (but copy from this page NOT from below):
- Tap the Bookmarks icon and tap Edit:
- Select the “Show Page Source” bookmark you just created in step # 4:
That’s it! Now you can use go to any webpage using mobile Safari (and Chrome) on your iDevice (iPhone, iPod, or iPad), tap the Bookmarks icon then tap the Show Page Source bookmark, and a new window opens displaying the source code of the webpage. Awesome and Easy!
End Results to View HTML source codes
And, Of Course, There’s an App For That!
With these apps, viewing source code is a smooth, one-step process. Just enter a URL and immediately see the source code behind it. Or use the app’s Safari extension and browse the web as you usually would. Then, when you want to view the source for your current page, all you need to do is tap the Action icon and choose View Source. It’s easy to copy the text to your pasteboard for use in other apps or even send it as an email.