iTunes and iTunes Store are apps built-in automatically into all Apple devices, including the Mac, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The app can even be downloaded from the Internet onto Windows PCs too.
For Macs and Windows PC, iTunes is the best way to update or back up your iDevices and restore them when needed. It’s also a great way to search for AND organize and enjoy all the music, movies, and TV shows you already own.
For iDevices, The iTunes Store App is where you buy that song you just heard or rent the latest movie or TV episode. When you enable iCloud, your entire iTunes library of music, movies, and TV shows syncs with your iCloud account, so everything you buy is always available, no matter how or where you want to play it.
For older iTunes (8-11) and iOS versions using the Genius feature, a unique mix can be created based on suggestions of what music sounds great together. It can even find recommendations for songs that the user might like to download.
The iTunes Store
Within the same application lies the iTunes store, which is a one-stop shop for all entertainment downloads. Users can browse through the latest releases in music, books, movies, and music videos.
Simple to navigate, the store helps users discover the content they love by picking the hottest downloads of the week and giving suggestions based on previous purchases.
Users sign in using their Apple ID and password and can pay by using an iTunes gift card or linking a credit card. After purchase, the items instantly download onto the device through Wi-Fi and accessible.
Related Articles for iTunes Not Working
- How to Fix ‘Requires a newer version of iTunes’ Error
- “Please Contact iTunes Support to Complete this Transaction” Error Fix
- Songs Greyed Out, How-To Fix
- iTunes Movie Rental Not Working, How-To
- Home Sharing not working? How to fix
iTunes Not Working: Using iTunes Guide
- iTunes Guide to the Features of version 12
- Guide to Canceling Automatic Magazine subscriptions in iTunes
- Comprehensive Guide to Backing up your iPhone and iPad using iTunes
- Factory Reset a Jailbroken iPad/iPhone using iTunes
- How to view your Recent iTunes purchases on your Mac or your PC
- Uninstall iTunes from macOS & Mac OSX
- How to Setup and use iTunes Guide
- iTunes Tweaks