One of the most popular platforms for listening to audiobooks is Audible, as the service has been around for years and is available on most of your devices. Until recently, trying to use Audible on Apple Watch wasn’t possible, but that’s all changed thanks to a new update.
- Apple Watch Ultra Tips and Tricks
- Apple Watch Series 8 Review Roundup: You Might Be Better Waiting a Year
- How to Rearrange and Delete Apple Watch Faces – AppleToolBox
- Apple Watch SE vs. SE 2nd Gen: Key Differences
- How to Get 60 Hours Of Battery Life With Apple Watch Ultra
Update or Install Audible On Your iPhone
In order to start using Audible on Apple Watch, you’ll first need to either update the app, or install it from the App Store. If you’ve already been using the app on your iPhone but want to use Audible on Apple Watch, here’s how you can update the app:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile image in the top right corner.
- Scroll down until you reach the Available Updates section. If you have Automatic Updates enabled, the app will update the next time you connect to a charger.
- Locate the Audible app.
- Tap the Update button.
After a few moments, the Audible app will updated on your iPhone, but in order to use Audible on Apple Watch, you’ll need to make sure the app is also installed on your smartwatch. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab in the bottom toolbar.
- Scroll down until you reach the Available Apps section.
- Locate Audible from the list of applications.
- Tap the Install button on the right side.
Now that the Audible app is installed on your Apple Watch, there’s only one more requirement that you need to meet before you can start using it to listen to your library of audiobooks.
Bluetooth Headphones Are Required
According to the Audible support page, you will need to pair Bluetooth headphones with your Apple Watch. Chances are, you’ve already done this in the past, but in case you haven’t, here’s what you need to do:
- Put your Bluetooth headphones in their respective pairing mode. (For example, there’s a dedicated button on the back of the AirPods case. Press and hold the button until the LED indicator begins to flash.)
- With your Bluetooth headphones in pairing mode, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down and tap Bluetooth.
- Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list of available devices.
Once the pairing has been successful, you should hear some type of tone or notification in your headphones. This essentially confirms that the headphones are successfully paired with your Apple Watch.
How to Use Audible on Apple Watch
Now that the Audible app has been updated, and you’ve paired your Bluetooth headphones with your Apple Watch, you can finally use Audible on Apple Watch. Thankfully, the company didn’t make the interface overly complicated, as it’s pretty easy to get started.
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch.
- Locate and select the Audible app from your App Overview.
- Tap the audiobook title that you want to listen to.
Something else worth pointing out is that when you go to use Audible on Apple Watch, the title should begin playing immediately. However, if this is the first time you’re listening to a specific title, it will begin streaming. In the background, as the title progresses, the audiobook is being downloaded. This is important to keep in mind in case you experience issues when trying to play a title for the first time.
Andrew Myrick is a freelance writer based on the East Coast of the US. He enjoys everything to do with technology, including tablets, smartphones, and everything in between. Perhaps his favorite past-time is having a never-ending supply of different keyboards and gaming handhelds that end up collecting more dust than the consoles that are being emulated.