You may receive documents via email or you may want directly download files from a website. If you want, you may save, edit or email these docs. All you need is a file/word processing app on your iPad or iPhone. There are plenty of free and paid apps in the App Store. In this short tip, we are using the Pages app for word files and iBooks app for PDF files. The Pages app is a great word processing app that lets you create, save and share your files. iBooks is designed to read and buy books, but you can read and save PDF files in iBooks.
How to save word files on your device:
- Download and install the Pages app ($9.99 – iTunes link).
- Locate the word file that you want to save on your device. Tap on the file to view/download it.
- Select “Open in Pages”.
- Your doc will be open and saved in the Pages app. You can open the Pages app to edit/share this document.
How to save PDF files on your device:
- Download and install the iBooks app (free – iTunes link).
- Locate the PDF file that you want to save and tap on the file to open it.
- Select “Open in iBooks”.
- Your PDF files will be opened and saved in the iBooks app.