Several users have reported that the speaker stopped working after upgrading to the latest iOS software. Users have reported that they have no sound. For instance, Apps do not have any sound, there is no ringing sound, Siri is mute while it works, etc., while Mute switch is NOT on.
- Make sure that your phone is not set to silent or vibrate mode.
- Turn off Bluetooth to see if this will fix your issue: Settings > General > Bluetooth
- Some users have reported that changing the accessibility of Mono Audio to “On” fixed their problem (Settings > General > Accessibility).
- For iPad, tap Settings > General and change the Lock Switch function from Rotate to Mute. Then, using the side switch, turn mute off and then on again.
- Your device may be stuck in dock connector mode because of some debris or dirt. Clean the docking area using a toothbrush or a hair dryer (see this article)
- Restart your device.
- Reset all settings by tapping General > Settings
- Complete a hard reset your iPad/iPhone or iPod. See this article for more info. You may have to do this more than once.
- If nothing works, you may have to rest and restore your device.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.