The Photos app offers limited image editing options. A simple task such as putting two pictures together requires following a long list of steps. That’s why many iOS users prefer to install third-party photo editing apps that offer advanced image editing options, such as Snapseed, Adobe Lightroom, and so on.
Well, if you don’t want to install a third-party app, you can use the built-in Shortcuts app to put two photos together on iOS. The only downside is that the setup process is a bit lengthy.
First things first, make sure to check for updates. Update iOS and all of your apps to the latest version to avoid any unexpected issues due to outdated software. Navigate to Settings, select General, and tap Software Updates. Then, go to App Store, tap on your profile picture, and scroll down to Upcoming Automatic Updates. Tap the Update All button to install pending updates.
How to Put Two Photos Together on iOS Using the Shortcuts App
- Open the Shortcuts app
- Tap on the Plus icon
- Name the new shortcut “Two Photos“
- Select Add Action
- Search for Select Photos using the search field at the bottom of the screen
- Then, tap on Select Photos to select this option
- Toggle on Select Multiple
- Search for Combine Images, and select this option
- Make sure the Horizontally option is enabled
- Save the combined images to Recents
- Select Add to Home Screen
- Tap on Add
- The app will automatically redirect you to the Home Screen
- Go back to the Shortcuts app
- Tap Done and exit the app
- Go to your Home screen and open the shortcut you just created
- Select the images you want to merge
- Tap Add to put them together
- Open the Photos app and locate the new image
The image you just created by putting two older photos together should be available under recent photos.
As explained at the beginning of this guide, if you find this method a bit too lengthy, you can install a third-party image editing app such as Snapseed, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Prisma, and so on. These apps feature a simpler UI and straightforward image editing options.
If you want to put two photos together on iOS without using third-party apps, use the Shortcuts app. Create a new shortcut that allows you to select and combine multiple images. Save the new image under Recent Photos.
Did you manage to merge your images using the Shortcut app? Or did you install a third-party app to get the job done? Let us know in the comments below.