Several people have reported a problem where the camera shutter stays closed and frozen while the camera app is still open.
How to Fix Camera Shutter
Some users have reported that their device was replaced by a new device after they contacted Apple support about this issue. This indicates that this is in fact a hardware issue. So if you are having this issue, you may want to contact Apple, especially if the fixes below do not work for you.
Or you may try the following fixes:
- Some users have reported that covering the front facing camera with a finger results in opening the shutter. However, you may come across the same issue the next time you open the camera.
- Restart the Camera app. Simply double press the home button, and swipe the camera app upward then re-launch the camera app.
- Turn your device off and on again by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds.
- Reset your device by pressing and holding the home button and the sleep/wake button together until you see the Apple logo.
- Try resetting all settings on your iPod Touch: Settings > General > Reset. Note that this will reset all of your preferences and settings but this will not affect all your data and media.