Several users have reported that they are receiving the following error message when they try to sync their devices:
The iPad (or iPhone) cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (1156).
To try to solve this issue, try the following steps:
- Disconnect your device and turn off “sync over Wi-Fi” by tapping Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi sync
- Restart your computer and your iOS device
- Reinitiate your sync process
Note: Make sure that your have the latest iTunes version installed.
- iOS 5: How to Use Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone, iPad, & iPod touch
- iPad / iPhone: Unable to sync Notes to iCloud problem, fix
- iPad / iPhone /iPod could not be synced because the sync session failed to start; fix
- “Item(s) could not be synced. See iTunes for more information” error fix