Several users have reported that they are receiving the following error message when they try to sync their devices:
The iPad (or iPhone) cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (1156).
To try to solve this issue, try the following steps:
- Disconnect your device and turn off “sync over Wi-Fi” by tapping Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi sync
- Restart your computer and your iOS device
- Reinitiate your sync process
Note: Make sure that your have the latest iTunes version installed.
- iOS 5: How to Use Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone, iPad, & iPod touch
- iPad / iPhone: Unable to sync Notes to iCloud problem, fix
- iPad / iPhone /iPod could not be synced because the sync session failed to start; fix
- “Item(s) could not be synced. See iTunes for more information” error fix
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the original editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.
Write a Comment