Regardless of what has been going on with Facebook, it remains the most popular social media platform. So many of us take advantage of being able to stay connected with long-lost friends and more.
- iPhone Not Saving Facebook Photos? Fix it!
- How To Duplicate and Copy Calendar Events in iOS and other tips
- How to integrate Facebook with El Capitan
- Fix Facebook Messenger not working with Apple Watch
How to sync Facebook events to your iPhone
Unfortunately, with the release of iOS 11 and above, Apple removed the ability to keep your Facebook events synced easily. This can lead to a lot of frustration, depending on how much you rely on Facebook.
Add Facebook Events to iPhone & iPad
Here are the steps you need to take if you want to add your Facebook events to the calendar app on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open a new window in Safari
- Go to facebook.com and log in
- Open another window in Safari, while staying logged in
- Go to facebook.com/events
- Press the share button at the bottom and select Request Desktop Site
- Once the page has loaded in desktop mode, you’ll need to pinch and zoom to find the proper links. In the bottom right-hand corner, there is a box that says: “You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar.”
- Below that, there will be two links: “Upcoming Events” and “Birthdays.” Tap one of these options.
- When clicking these, a dialog box appears asking for you to allow the calendar invites or if you want to add them to your calendar
- Choose to Add All or Select each event one-by-one to add
After this has been completed, it often takes your phone a few moments, but the events appear.
Add Facebook Events to Mac
Dealing with the desktop site on mobile devices can be a bit of a pain. However, there is a way for you to use your Mac to sync Facebook events.
This method is much more straight-forward and doesn’t require you to jump through hoops. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your web browser of choice
- Go to facebook.com/events
- Scroll down and select either Google Calendar or Apple Calendar
If you have your Google Calendar synced on your iPhone, you’ll want to choose the former. While if you use Apple’s Calendar, you’ll obviously want to chase the latter.
From there you will want to select either Upcoming Events or Birthdays. This will open the Calendar app on your Mac, giving you a specific URL.
When adding this URL, your events will then be synced with your calendar of choice. The best part is that you don’t have to worry about following this process on a regular basis.
Whenever a new event is added to your Facebook calendar, it will be automatically added to your Apple or Google Calendar. This obviously makes life much easier, while also ensuring that you don’t miss out on anything.
It’s important to note that if you need to respond to an event, you will still need to use Facebook. It seems there is no easy way to respond to events using the Apple Calendar app.
If you run into any issues, sound off in the comments below and let us know. We’ll be sure to answer any questions that may arise during the process.
- 1. On a computer (mine’s a laptop, not a Mac), I went to Facebook events and right clicked the upcoming events link and copied the link
2. I then opened my Gmail on my computer and emailed myself that link
3. Then opened Gmail on my phone and coped the link
4. Then go to settings, and searched for add a subscribed email. Paste the link there and it should work.
5. You can check by going to the iOS calendar, clicking calendars at the bottom and see the new calendar under Subscribed. Also, make sure that the calendar is clicked on whatever other calendars you are using