When downloading a new app on your iPhone, you might decide that you want to receive notifications. This is especially true if you use something that involves interacting with others, such as instant messaging and social media. Before you begin receiving notifications, you’ll need to enable these.
- iPhone Not Receiving Notifications: Why, and How to Fix
- How to Turn Off Notifications for Specific Apps on Your iPhone
- How to Silence Text Notifications on Your iPhone
- How to Use Notification Center Widgets in iOS
- “Background Items Added” Mac Notifications: How to Fix
In most cases, you shouldn’t have problems with receiving notifications from apps on your smartphone. But sometimes, you might run into issues. If this happens, knowing how you can fix these problems will help you potentially fix the problem faster.
Have you noticed that an app on your iPhone isn’t appearing in the Notification Center? If so, this guide will provide you with some pointers to help you solve the issue. You’ll learn some of the reasons why you may not see notifications, along with what you can do to get back on track.
Why Is an App Not Featuring in the Notification Section?
Before we look at how you can get your apps featuring in your iPhone’s notification section again, it’s worth thinking about the reasons why you might encounter this problem in the first place. Below, you’ll find two common reasons why your app may not appear in the Notification Center.
1. You Might Not Have Allowed Your App to Send Notifications to Your Device
As we mentioned in the introduction, you need to allow apps to send notifications to your iPhone before you begin receiving them. When you install an app, you’ll see a message titled:
[App Name] Would Like to Send You Push Notifications.
You will usually see this when you’ve signed into your account; if you don’t allow notifications, you won’t see any of these. In those instances where you didn’t enable notifications, you can still change this – and we’ll show you how to do that later in this article.
2. Your App Doesn’t Have Notifications
Another reason why an app might not appear in your iPhone’s notification section is due to developer-related issues. Some apps might not have notifications, in which case you won’t receive anything.
You can determine whether your app has notifications by going to your Settings app and scrolling down to the app you’d like to use. If it supports notifications, you’ll see a Notifications tab. If not, nothing will appear; see the below two screenshots for a comparison example.
How to Fix the Issue
Now that you know why an app on your device may not appear in the Notification Center, let’s help you tackle this problem. Below, you’ll find a selection of different things you can try.
1. Check to See if You’ve Switched App Notifications On
The first place you should start is by checking to ensure that you have turned your app notifications on. Doing so is simple, and you can follow these steps to complete the process:
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Scroll down to Notification Style, and select the app you want to check.
- If the app lets you use notifications, make sure that the Allow Notifications toggle is switched on. You can then customize everything however you feel is necessary.
2. Turn Your iPhone Off and On
If you’ve just installed a new app and you’re not receiving notifications, you can always try turning your device off and on again. Hold the standby button on your iPhone until you see the slider to turn your iPhone off.
When your iPhone has switched off, hold the standby button until the Apple logo appears. Let your device turn on and enter your passcode when prompted. After doing all of this, you can check and see if everything is working as it should.
3. Delete and Reinstall the App
Another thing you can try if your app isn’t appearing in the notification section is to delete and reinstall it. Doing so is simple, and you can follow the instructions listed below – starting with how to delete the app.
- Go to the app you want to delete, and tap and hold on to the icon.
- Select Remove App when the dropdown menu appears.
- Confirm that you want to remove the app by selecting Delete App on the pop-up window.
- Hit Delete when the second pop-up window appears.
To reinstall your app and check its notifications, follow the next set of instructions:
- Open the App Store and search for your app.
- Click on the cloud and arrow icon.
- Go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to your app. Then, make sure that Allow Notifications is switched on.
4. Turn Notifications Off and On Again
If you can’t see anything in your notifications section from a certain app, you can try switching your notifications off and on again. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Scroll down to the app you want to turn notifications off and on for again, and tap on it.
- Turn Allow Notifications off.
- Move the toggle on again. Then, exit the Settings app.
It’s a good idea to close and reopen the app you’re doing this to, to ensure that everything works properly.
There Are Ways to Fix the App Not Featuring in Notification Section Issue
If you want to receive notifications from an app, but that isn’t happening, it can be quite an irritating issue to deal with. The good news, however, is that you can try numerous fixes – and most of the time, it isn’t something to worry too much about.
Sometimes, you might not receive app notifications because you haven’t turned them on. If that’s the case, you can switch these on from your Settings app. You can also try turning your device off and on again to see if any issues are cleared.
In other instances, you may not receive notifications because the app doesn’t support these. When that’s the case, there isn’t much you can do – but it’s worth verifying to determine whether you can enable notifications or not.
Danny is a freelance writer who has been using Apple products for over a decade. He’s written for some of the largest technology publications on the web and previously worked as an in-house writer before carving his own route. Danny grew up in the UK, but now writes about tech from his Scandinavian base.