Several users have reported that they are experiencing some unusual Wi-Fi connectivity problems and issues. Mainly, the wireless connection seems to drop at random, or the iPhone won’t stay connected to a Wi-Fi connection for long. If you are having Wi-Fi issues, please try these tips to fix this issue:
Fix # 1
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
Fix # 2
- Restart your iOS device
Fix # 3
- Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Fix # 4
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi > find the Wi-Fi network you are currently using and tap and then tap “Forget this Network” to reset settings and try again.
Fix # 5
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi > Other…
- Type your Wi-Fi name: whatever your network is called, exactly how it appears under choose a network.
- Security settings, choose WEP
- When it asks your password, enter your wireless network password
- Tap Join, this process will your help device remember your connection
Fix # 6
- Restart and/or reset your Wi-Fi wireless router
- Update your router to the latest firmware.
- iPad mini poor Wi-Fi reception problem, fix
- Wi-Fi disabled and greyed out after iOS 6 update on the iPad or iPhone
- Fix: iOS 6.1 Wi-Fi Connection Problem for iPhone and iPad
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.