Several users have reported that their iPhone/iPad keyboard shortcuts stopped working after updating to iOS 6.
If you are having this problem, please try the following tips to fix your issue. Try each step until you resolve your problem:
- Delete a shortcut and create it again.
- Try adding a new shortcut to your existing shortcut list.
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until you see the “Slide to power off,” then slide the slider.
- Delete your shortcuts and re-add them; restart your device.
- Reset the keyboard dictionary by tapping Settings > General >Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- It may be an iCloud sync issue. Tap Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data to see if you have “Documents & Data” turned on, then tap to turn it off. Now try to use your shortcuts. If they now work, turn back on “Documents & Data.”
- If you have Emoji enabled, try disabling Emoji and check to see if your shortcuts are working. Then turn back on Emoji.
- Do a hard reset by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the home button together for at least 10 seconds until your device is turned off (ignore the slider).
- How to delete an international keyboard on iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch
- Adding an International keyboard to your iPad
- Using Emoji Keyboard – Mac and iOS
- Some cool iOS tips and tricks you may not know about
- iOS: Emoji (Emoticons) not working on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Common iOS 6 / iPhone 5 problems & bugs, How to troubleshoot and fix