Several users have reported they were unable to active their iPhones after a restore or update process (e.g.”Erase All Content and Settings”). They further reported they received this error: “We’re sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time”. If you are having this problem, please try the following tip to resolve your iPhone activation problem.
To solve this problem, place your iPhone into DFU recovery (recovery mode):
- Turn off your device by pressing and holding the on/off button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider (Wait for the device to turn off fully). If you are unable to this; simply press and hold the on/off and Home buttons at the same time until your device turns off. After it turns off, release the buttons.
- While pressing and holding the home button; connect your device to your computer (USB cable). Keep pressing the home button until you see the “Connect to iTunes” screen. When you see this screen, you can release the home button.
- Open iTunes (if not already) and you will see the “recovery mode” alert; then use iTunes to restore your iPhone.
- Using DFU Restore to Solve iPhone Problems
- iPhone Troubleshooting Guide
- “iPad Could Not Be Restored, Unknown Error 1014″: Fixes