Several users have reported that their iPhone X Apps won’t load after a restore. You only see the “iPhone app waiting” message and it doesn’t download the app. In other instances the apps appeared to have locked up and don’t start when tapped.
The problem also happens with other iPhone models and is not limited to iPhone X. If you are facing this issue, follow each of the steps below till you can resolve the issue.
- Cant Close Apps on iPhone X,
- Common iOS 12 Problems, Here’s How to Fix Them
- iPad Will Not Download Apps, How-To Fix
We are assuming that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection and your iPhone X is charged before proceeding with the steps below to fix the issue. Please try each of the steps below till the issue is fixed.
- Restart Your Device. This is the first step as it can solve most stubborn issues on your iPhone. The forced restart requires you to use the volume up and down buttons and then the power button. If you are not sure how to force restart your iPhone X, iPhone 8 or 8 plus device, you can check the steps here.
- If the forced restart did not take care of the issue, the next thing to do is to delete the stuck app and re-try. Tap on Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Scroll down and tap on an app that you are having issues with. Choose Delete app and confirm. Now, Open the App Store app, click on your Apple id at the top right of the screen and then choose ‘Purchased’. Tap on ‘My purchases’ and search for the app that you deleted. Tap on the Blue cloud button next to the app and start downloading.
- If you are having this problem while trying to ‘Restore from iCloud’, there is a possibility that some old unsupported or missing apps that you had in the past is causing this issue. When you open App store and find apps that are showing a download-spinning circle, tap on these to pause their download.
- Connect your iPhone X to the charger. Quit the Appstore app. Turn off your Wi-Fi. Wait for a minute and then turn your Wi-Fi back ON again. Next, Open the AppStore app and go to the Updates tab and select ‘Update All’. Keep the device on the charger and check if it is starting to update.
- Click on you user icon from the top right as shown in the image above and then choose Sign Out to sign out of AppStore and then sign back in after a minute or so. Once you are signed back in, try updating any one of the stuck apps to see if it starts working.
- Back up your iPhone X and then try Resetting All. Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Reset All. Once the restart process is complete and the device starts up, check to see if the apps are loading. It may take some time.
If you have tried all the steps and have had no success, it may be time to connect with Apple Support.